Responsble Gambling Guidelines
The responsible gaming is the only way for a player to enjoy online betting and online casino. Gambling is too tempting, so there must be moderation.Controlling your play is crucial, and in this guide, you are going to find advice and tips to play responsibly. Besides, gambling problem signs will be highlighted because prevention is the most effective way to deal with gambling addiction.
Oddsfooty Responsible Gambling Tips
- Gamble only with money you can afford to lose, not money that you have to cover primary needs.
- Do not hunt the losses. If you lose, leave the session, do not try to cover it instantly. This will cause even bigger losses. Come again another day.
- Stop for a while. If you do not have fun when gambling, take a break.
- Set a money limit. Define the amount that you are going to spend.
- Set a time limit. Define the time frame that you are going to play.
- Do not gamble emotionally. Emotion is a bad “advisor” in gambling.
- Do not drink alcohol when gambling.
- Do not play on your favourite team. You must be objective when you side a bet.
- Ask for help if you feel that you are out of control.
How to recognise Gambling addiction signs
- Hunting losses. Player gambles more money to get back lost money.
- Spending more money in gambling than he can afford to lose.
- Spending more time in gambling.
- Lying to its relatives and friends about money and time that spending in gambling.
- Thinking continuously about how to bet.
- Playing till the end (until losing all money).
- Having no sense of time.
- Borrowing money to gamble.
- Playing larger amounts.
- Resorting to fraud and theft to get money to gamble.
- Feeling anxious, depressed, guilty, worried.
- Suicidal ideation.
Your Bookmaker Can Help Responsible Gambling
Bookmakers are obliged to offer useful tools to players for protection, promoting responsible gaming. In any legal online bookmaker players have the following options:
- Deposit limits: per day, per week, per month, per year.
- Self Exclusion: access in all bookmaker’s products is blocked for an extended period (usually for six months or more).
- Cool Off Period: access in all bookmaker’s products is blocked for a short period (i.e. 30 days).
- Account History:check the transactions and betting history.
- Reality Control: time-frame feature that keeps the player update, about the time which they spend on gambling.
More Tips for Protection
Players can also block access to relevant sites in these ways:
- Use Cyber Patrol, Net Nanny, BetFilter, Optenet PC, and Gam Block.
Besides, social media access to betting platforms can also be blocked.
Professional Help for Gambling
GamCare : GamCare was established in 1997. It is an independent charity in the United Kingdom. It provides data, support and guidance for any individual influenced by issue betting across England, Wales, and Scotland.
Gambling Therapy: Gambling Therapy is part of the Gordon Moody Association and provides its services online for free. It gives both emotional support and useful guidance to individuals who are addicted to gambling, but they live outside Great Britain.
BeGambleAware: BeGambleAware purpose is to promote responsible gaming. Important information and date are given to players, both to recognise gambling issues and seek for support and help if needed.
Gamblers Anonymous : Gamblers Anonymous provide personal sessions to individuals who face gambling problems in full anonymity and confidentiality.